Identifying and Dealing With Seasonal Affective Disorder
Start your day with a 30 minute sun bathing session, right in your living room! With nearly 20 percent of the population, almost 3x more women than men, suffering from Seasonal Affective Disorder this is an effective way to combat the deep feelings of winter blues, without resorting to pills, right from the get go.
What Causes Seasonal Affective Disorder?
As the days get shorter and the autumn approaches, quickly followed by winter, the amount of light we typically receive in Northern areas, significantly decreases, which can have an adverse effect on our bodies and psyche. Some people simply can't handle this seasonal transition and require help in order to remain functional, positive and happy.
How Can I Deal with SAD Without Relying on Medication?
Medication can be helpful in dealing with SAD, but so many physicians are just way too quick at the draw to prescribe anti-depressants to deal with issues that can ultimately benefit from alternative therapies, by addressing the actual cause of the problem. In the case of Seasonal Affective Disorder, the problem is that the amount of sunlight is significantly reduced, which decreases the amount of light that our body's are able to absorb. Knowing this… doesn't it make more sense to consider light therapy as a probable treatment?
How do I Know Which Therapy Lamp is Right for my Needs?
Well, with so many SAD Therapy Lamps on the market, it may seem a little overwhelming to some people to embark in the search. For those struggling with SAD already, the thought of another task may be almost debilitating. But hopefully I can make the process a bit easier by suggesting some wonderfully helpful products.
Due to its full spectrum capabilities and quality, lightweight design at a very affordable price, the HappyLight Full Spectrum Light Therapy System (HPLD) by Verilux is a great choice in helping you cope with your seasonal depression, as it shines as bright as the sun with 10,000 LUX of sunlight - right in the comfort of your own home. Bathing you in warmth without harmful UV rays, the HappyLight System provides an even, natural light, unlike systems that use LED lights, which produce pinpoints of harsh light. This Light Therapy Lamp is compact, adaptable, portable and can make a significant difference in your winter blues in as little as 30 minutes of exposure a day.
Key Points to Consider with the HappyLight Full Spectrum Light Therapy System (HPLD) by Verilux:
• 10,000 LUX of UV free Sunlight, which promotes the following:
• Activation of natural mood enhancers.
• Activation of "daylight response" which stimulates brain activity and energy.
• Effective treatment in as little as 30 minutes a day!
• No harmful exposure to UV rays.
• Provides an even, natural light, unlike LED models, which produce pinpoints of harsh light.
• Compact, lightweight and portable design which can be wall-mounted or used with the table-top stand.
• Weighs in at 6.8lbs with dimensions of 19.5"H x 13.375"W x 3.25"D.
• A true SAD therapy device, at a fraction of the cost of others.
• Learn more about how the HappyLight Full Spectrum Light Therapy System can benefit you.
The above popular and effective treatment lamp is also available in a smaller, more compact version as the HappyLite Mini Ultra Full Spectrum Light Therapy System by Verilux. This system shines with a bright 5000 LUX of full daylight spectrum anywhere, without exposure to harmful UV rays. Featuring a slim, decorative design and a minimal weight this is a great product if you are seeking a therapy lamp that won't crowd your space, while remaining very effective in activating your body's natural energy enhancers.
Key Points to Consider with the HappyLite Mini Ultra Full Spectrum
Light Therapy System by Verilux:
• 5000 LUX of UV free Sunlight provided by a patented 36W, high output, 10,000-hour bulb with Trucolite Phosphor
• Electronic ballast and Flicker Elimination System provide no-buzz operation and instant-on, flicker-free illumination.
• Compact and decorative design, weighing in at a minimal 3.5lbs for easy accommodation on table/desktop surfaces.
• High/Low brightness control lets you control the light intensity to meet your preferences.
• A true SAD therapy device, at a fraction of the cost of others.
• Learn more about how the HappyLite Mini Ultra Full Spectrum Light Therapy System can benefit you.
We also offer the Verilux HappyLite Mini Ultra Full Spectrum Light Therapy System Duo. Get 10,000 LUX of UV free Sunlight with 2 lamps, or keep one at home and use one at the office.
In addition, we now sell the new Verilux HappyLite 6000 Full Spectrum Light Therapy System, which was designed to replace the 5000 LUX HappyLite Mini with an extra 1000 LUX of UV free Sunlight.
Key Points to Consider with the HappyLite 6000 Full Spectrum Light Therapy System
• Shines with up to 6,000 LUX of bright UV free Natural Spectrum® light to lift spirits, sharpen concentration and improve energy levels.
• Activates your body’s own energy enhancers to make you more alert and productive.
• Designed with a compact shape and a small footprint to make it easy to place in a convenient location.
• Has an energy-efficient, cool-burning 36-Watt 10,000-hour bulb.
• Comes with a convenient high/low switch adjust according to your personal preference.
• Includes best-in-class power system with electronic ballast and patented Flicker Elimination Technology™ to assure no-buzz operation and instant-on, flicker-free illumination.
• Your Verilux® HappyLight® comes fully assembled, ready to use and enjoy.
• Learn more about how the HappyLite 6000 Full Spectrum Light Therapy System can benefit you..
So, why should you choose a SAD Therapy lamp?
That's simple. Your well being is important and it is time to embrace alternative methods of treatment that truly make sense. Why force your body to change by taking pills to augment your depression, when you can first try the therapeutic and comfortable option of a SAD Therapy Lamp… a safe, natural method of providing your body with the sunlight it needs during the times of the year where it is not available. Literally at your fingertips, requiring minimal time and effort, SAD Therapy Lamps are an effective way to significantly reduce your winter blues.
Will a SAD Therapy Lamp Cure my Depression?
SAD Therapy Lamps are an effective treatment for Seasonal Affective Disorder which can eliminate your physical symptoms and alleviate your depression over a course of short, daily exposures. However, should your physical symptoms disappear, but reform internally into feelings of guilt, it may be an indicator of a much larger problem and you are urged to seek medical attention promptly.
Seasonal Affective Disorder is treatable, so there's no need for you to feel like imprisoned within your own life, so break free and get the most out of the fall and winter with a SAD Therapy Lamp.