Health professionals consider light therapy the best treatment for
Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)
On Sale For: $189.95
On Sale For: $89.95
On Sale For: $99.99
ARE SAD THERAPY LAMPS RIGHT FOR YOU?
Every year over 20% of the US and Canadian population suffers from some form of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) Are you one of them?
SAD, also known as winter depression or winter blues is a mood disorder in which people who have normal mental health through most of the year experience depressive symptoms in the fall or winter every year.
SAD is a recent discovery, having only been documented by psychiatrists since the mid 80's. Since it is a newly recognized disorder, many health care professionals may not yet recognize the full symptoms of SAD.
SAD SYMPTOMSTypical symptoms experienced only during winter months include:
- chronic sadness
- excessive sleep
- lost of energy
- deep regret
- loss of motivation
- lack of interest in friends and family
- excessive weight gain
- no motivation
Like any other mood disorder the causes can be complex and there may be more than one method for resolving the problem.
SAD MINI QUIZ:DO YOU HAVE SAD?If you’re trying to ﬁgure out whether what you have is the winter blues or SAD (seasonal affective disorder), ask yourself a few questions:
- Are your feelings about the weather actively inhibiting your life?
- Are you so unhappy that you’re unable to perform basic tasks?
- Are you sleeping signiﬁcantly more hours per night, and do you still have
- trouble waking in the morning?
- Has your spouse or your boss complained about your change in behavior?
- Do you feel seriously depressed (as opposed to simply grumpy or out of
If you answered yes to most of these questions, it’s possible what you’re experiencing is SAD. The encouraging news is that there are cures for SAD. In fact there are multiple ways to alleviate SAD and bring energy and light back into your life.
SAD TREATMENTSTreatments include psychotherapy, drugs and SAD light therapy.
By far the most effective and least invasive treatment for SAD found thus far is light therapy, which is thankfully both affordable and easy to self-administer. Because SAD light therapy has been shown to be so effective, we have created this site devoted to discussing how to use light therapy properly, what you should look for in light therapy boxes to treat SAD specifically and screen the best light therapy boxes for you to purchase.Some of the best and most popular models include:
- Verilux Happylight Full Spectrum Light
- Sunbox Sunray SAD Therapy Light Boxes
- Verilux Happylite Mini Ultra Full Spectrum Light
- Philips briteLITE 6 Full Spectrum Therapy Light
- Litebox Litebook Elite Light
You can find a great selection of SAD lights, dawn simulators and full spectrum light systems here; one of the largest online SAD lamp stores with excellent customer service, free shipping and for a limited time a free ebook on treating SAD with Light therapy