The HappyLight 5000 Full Spectrum Light Therapy System by Verilux.
If you suffer from a lack of energy, a feeling of depression and you seem to have lost your motivation, you like 20% of the population today, may be suffering symptoms of Seasonal Affective Disorder.
As the seasons change, daylight and the intensity of it decreases limiting the amount of light available for our bodies to absorb. This shift affects some people drastically, bringing on depression that could be linked to Seasonal Affective Disorder. Occurring among areas located in the more Northern regions of the globe where significant seasonal transition is more heavily experienced, SAD affects nearly 20% of the worlds population - and women seem to be up to 3x more susceptible than men. The key to combatting this sometimes debilitating condition is introducing out bodies to an alternative source of light, enabling our bodies to maintain its natural functions. The HappyLight 5000 by Verilux effectively delivers up to 5000 LUX of full spectrum light which elevates disposition, while activating your natural mood enhancers and Circadian rhythms. So, start our day with a full dose of warming sun, even when it is absent in the sky. The Verilux HappyLight® 5000 boasts the 2010 ADEX (Awards for Design Excellence) platinum award, which is the largest and most prestigious awards program for product design of furniture, fixtures and finishes.
If you are a Canadian customer, you can purchase this Verilux Light by visiting our Canadian Store.
Living Your Life in the Light
The beauty of this lamp is that it operates as simply as a regular table lamp. Plug it in, switch it on and you are all set to bask in a full days dose of Sunlight in about 2.5 hours a day. Just sit approximately 18 inches away from the lamp, either at a slight angle, or straight on with your eyes open… but do not stare directly into the lamp. SAD therapy is a simple and relaxing way of treating your Seasonal Affective Disorder, while giving you the time to catch up on some leisure activities you may have been putting off, such as reading, computing, sewing, painting, handicrafts and needlepoint. Experience improved energy, health and mood naturally without the use of drugs or artificial stimulants with the HappyLight 5000 Full Spectrum Light Therapy System by Verilux.
Getting the Right Dosage of Light
Different people have different reactions to light therapy, and the amount of light exposure you require is unique to your individual physiology. With the HappyLight 5000, approximately 2.5 hours of daily exposure is recommended for your body to absorb the amount of light to assist with SAD symptom reversal. If that sounds like a long time, don't worry, you can break it up into several shorter sessions over the course of the day… but it is important that you remain fairly consistent and do your sunbathing at roughly the same time each day. The best time of the day to engage in light therapy is approximately 30-60 minutes after you wake up.
Sleep phase disorders affect the majority of SAD sufferers making the morning rise difficult, but the use of light therapy upon waking helps in regulating the circadian rhythms melatonin/serotonin levels associated with seasonal disorders; whereas exposure to bright light and therapy light later in the day and evening increase nighttime sleep difficulties.
You will start to see positive result from your light therapy within a few days of exposure to your HappyLight 5000 and the best way to maximize your results is to maintain a set schedule. Commit to a specific time, or times every day to bask in the full spectrum sunlight of your HappyLight and build up your body's tolerance to the effects of the autumn and winter months. Continue to use the Verilux HappyLight 5000 until you feel a noticeable improvement to your mood and energy levels.
How Light Therapy Works with Your Body
As your body absorbs this simulated sunlight, it boosts your body's natural mood enhancers, which promotes sharper concentration and an overall happier disposition. Because the fall and winter months reduce the amount and intensity of natural light available for our bodies to absorb, many bodies stop functioning normally and spiral into a depressed, listless state. Light therapy fills the absence of the sun with a simulated alternative, nourishing your body and soul with the full spectrum light our bodies require, which drastically reduces the severity of SAD symptoms. Verilux is a leader in creating products that emulate natural sunlight with their use of full spectrum lighting technology… and the HappyLight 5000 System basks you with invigorating natural 'sunlight' while addressing the effects of Seasonal Affective Disorder and the Winter Blues.The 5000’s Natural Spectrum® light activates the body’s natural mood enhancers and helps with Circadian Rhythms. Use the HappyLight 5000 while you’re on the computer or reading the newspaper to experience improved wellbeing and better overall health. Experience improved energy and mood naturally without the use of drugs or artificial stimulants.
Facts about Seasonal Affective Disorder
- As many as 20% of the worlds population is affected with SAD.
- SAD is more prone to areas in which the disparity between summer and winter light are great, typically Northern regions.
- The number of female SAD sufferers out number the males by as much as 300%.
- Identifiable symptoms of SAD include: loss of, or low energy; depression; listlessness; craving for sweets and carbohydrates are also typical, as is weight gain.
- Some more debilitating symptoms include: problems sleeping; change in appetite or weight; loss of memory; lack of concentration; severe depression; confusion and sexual dysfunction.
- activates your natural mood enhancers;
- activates 'daylight response' which stimulates the thought process and overall energy;
- features a slim, space saving design - perfect for home, office or dorm;
Full Spectrum Replacement Bulb for HappyLight Mini Ultra Light Therapy System
- delivers up to 5000 LUX of full spectrum light
- shines an even, natural light, activating your body’s own energy enhancers to make you more alert and productive
- features a compact size for lightweight, easy portability
- glows with an energy-efficient, cool-burning 36-Watt 10,000-hour bulb producing 300 Watts of natural spectrum light
- has a convenient high/low switch adjust according to your personal preference
- boasts best-in-class power system with electronic ballast and patented Flicker Elimination Technology™ assuring no-buzz operation and instant-on, flicker-free illumination
- arrives pre assembled, so it is ready to use and enjoy right out of the box
- helps recalibrate and normalize Circadian Rhythms for a healthy night’s sleep
- Weight and Dimensions: 2 lbs; 12"H x 3.9"W x 5.6"D
- UL listed in United States and Canada
- One year limited warranty
The HappyLight 5000 Full Spectrum Light Therapy System:
Research Findings:While correct diagnosis of SAD has become more commonplace, the actual treatment of the disorder is an area in which both Doctors and SAD sufferers require more education. Medication can be helpful, but so many physicians are way too quick to prescribe anti-depressants to deal with issues that can ultimately benefit from alternative therapies, by addressing the actual cause of the problem. In the case of Seasonal Affective Disorder, the problem is that the amount of sunlight is significantly reduced, which decreases the amount of light that our body's are able to absorb. Knowing this… doesn't it make more sense to consider light therapy as a probable treatment?
We Also Recommend
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
On Sale For: $99.95
On Sale For: $69.95
On Sale For: $199.95